We have an exciting opportunity for a Traffic Engineer to join our team in our Burnsville, MN office.
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified civil engineer with 0-6 years of experience working on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis and interest in traffic operations and modeling, safety analysis, multi-modal planning/implementation, signing and striping, signal and lighting design, and temporary traffic control plans. The candidate should have a B.S. in Civil Engineering and an Engineer in Training (EIT) certification or Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Minnesota, or the ability to obtain the certification or licensure within 12 months. A Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certificate is a plus.
This position involves assisting on various traffic engineering projects, developing macro- and microsimulation models, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, developing signing and striping plans, temporary traffic control plans, signal and lighting plans, following design standards and agency technical requirements, communicating with clients, and performing a variety of other assignments related to traffic engineering on municipal and transportation projects.
- Strong working knowledge of traffic operations analysis software (i.e. Synchro/SimTraffic, RODEL, VISSIM, etc.)
- Familiarity with traffic operations and safety evaluation reports
- Working knowledge of the MnMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, MnDOT Traffic Engineering Manual, and other engineering standards
- Ability to write technical reports
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in some or all of the following: developing signing and striping plans, temporary traffic control and maintenance of traffic plans, and signal and lighting plans.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Knowledge and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software desired
We are located right off I-35W and Highway 13 in Burnsville, which means a short driving time from most Twin Cities suburbs. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and provide a flexible work environment.